Tired of working multiple minimum wage jobs just to make ends meet?
Maybe it’s time you took a personal inventory and evaluated what you have to offer relative to what best-in-class employers are looking for.
Top 5 list of requirements HCA employers in BC seek in applicants include:
- HCA Diploma from an accredited institution to demonstrate an understanding of the role and scope of practice in the province, and training based on the high standards set forth by the Ministry of Health.
- Current experience in a Canadian workplace; through employment, volunteer activities and/or supervised practicum.
- BC Care Aide Registry number earned upon completion of an HCA program at an accredited institution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to best support clients and effectively contribute to the success of the company.
- Positive attitude and a client centered approach.
How many of these requirements do you meet? What steps do you need to take to move your resume to the top of an employer’s list?
An obstacle may be either a stepping stone or a stumbling block.
Drake Medox was an employer of care aides for over 30 years before introducing Drake Medox College. It is because of this experience that they are able to prepare students to graduate with the skills and training needed to obtain the best jobs available. It is no wonder that Drake Medox College grads are in demand, and that over 97% are getting jobs!
Call an Admissions Advisor today @ 604-629-0196 to learn more about the flexible class schedules and payment plans offered at both their Vancouver & Surrey campus.