“Studies have found that some teas may help with cancer, heart disease, and diabetes; encourage weight loss; lower cholesterol; and bring about mental alertness. Tea also appears to have antimicrobial qualities.” (http://www.webmd.com/diet/tea-types-and-their-health-benefits retrieved 10/11/2015).
Not only does tea offer all these health benefits, but it’s also a great way to spend time with friends and family; especially those seniors in our lives who would enjoy our company over the holidays.
Drake Medox College’s Health Care Assistant instructor Ms. Vida is a tea lover, and shares her favorite Christmas tea recipe in this blog. “So simple and delicious!” she says.
- ½ aGrannySmith apple
- ½ a Lime
- Fresh mint (5-7 leaves)
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 tea bag or 1 teaspoon leaf tea of your choice (English breakfast tea is my choice)
- 3 cups of boiling water
- Slice the lime and apple, cut the mint leafs into small pieces
- Warm up the apple juice in microwave for 1 minute
- Add all the ingredients to your steeped tea, and let sit for 5 minutes
- You can add a shot of Vodka, Brandy or red wine if you want to spice it up 😉
- Pour it into your favorite cup, and enjoy alone or with a friend!
Drake Medox College wishes everyone a very happy holiday season, and a New Year filled with happiness, prosperity and success. Please visit our Facebook page for more great ideas and information at:https://www.facebook.com/DrakeMedox.College/